Contributing data to BioGrid allows you to take advantage of the services and software BioGrid offers:
- access your own data using the BioGrid SAS querying and statistical tools
- allow others to access your data, with your permission
- link your data to other databases (e.g. surgery with outcomes, clinical with costings)
- combine your data with databases at other sites to generate larger datasets
- receive assistance from BioGrid data analysts with querying and analysis
How to connect your database or data set to BioGrid
1. Obtain your institution's ethics approval
Members: BioGrid will need to submit an amendment to your institution's Ethics Committee to add your database or data set to the existing BioGrid data linkage platform ethics approval.
View here to see if your institution is a current BioGrid member.
New research projects with prospective data collection must include the Standard Clause necessary in research studies.
Non-Members: BioGrid will need to work with you to submit a full application to obtain your institution's ethics approval to add your database or data set to BioGrid.
If your site is not a current member of BioGrid, HREC approval is required for BioGrid data linkage and data management processes to enable the database or data set to be connected.
2. IT requirements information for new members
Find out about the IT Requirements for connecting a database into BioGrid.
3. Connecting your database or data set with BioGrid
BioGrid requires information about your database or data set once your ethics committee has approved your data being added to BioGrid.
4. What can you do once your database or data set is connected to BioGrid?
Once your database is successfully connected with BioGrid you can use the provided services and tools such as:
- Apply for access to BioGrid data. This allows access to your own data or other databases.
- Login to BioGrid and use our tools to query and analyse your data.
- Undertake BioGrid’s SAS training.
- See what other researchers have achieved using BioGrid.
- See what types of linkages you can achieve using databases in BioGrid for specific research outcomes.
- See what other databases you can link to which could increase cohort numbers or expand your dataset.
View all current members